Remote position paying $28-$31/hour depending on experience.
This is a 6-month long contract role with the possibility of extension to a longer contract. This role can be done remotely or on-site at our Broomfield CO, Facility. We are looking for someone to helps us with a large number of documents that need updating. You will be working in InDesign with these documents, and we are really hoping to find someone that is an InDesign expert.
In this role, you will edit & update customer-facing marketing collateral related to product installation, repair, care, ordering. You are a self-starter with the ability to effectively manage time, deadlines, and workload with little supervision. A life-long learner with an interest in continually developing technical communication skills. Enjoys working and participating in a collaborative and creative team environment.
- Frequently communicates with members of the various functional groups.
- Incorporates photography, CAD models, and other media into documentation layout.
- Offers creative approaches and ideas for improvements to technical writing processes.
- Incorporates redlines, comments, and other feedback into the documentation by following written and verbal directions.
- Reformatting of documentation layouts.
- Understand the relationship between content and application across all documentation and marketing collateral.
- Utilizes project and documentation management tools to track, organize, and a complete standardization and auditing projects.
- Assists other departments within the company with various technical media projects, as needed.
- Conducts hands-on simulation and experimentation with the product for installation instructions, and technical audio and video production.
- Expert skill in Adobe InDesign.
- Strong in grammar, punctuation, spelling and sentence construction with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Strong in proofreading, editing, maintaining, and archiving project-related documents; especially with the use of style guides and checklists for reference.
- Solid knowledge of how to creatively incorporate new ideas and approaches in the presentation of technical information.
- Solid knowledge of technical media software such as (but not limited to): Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, GSuite, and MS Office.
- Solid Ability to learn new software including but not limited to CMS, XML, CAD, and new technical media software.
- Solid knowledge of document layout formatting in both print and online media.
- Solid Ability to integrate multiple software packages in the creation of technical media.
- Solid Ability to gather information, communicate, and work with SMEs on documentation development and review processes.
- Solid Ability to track document development, maintain a schedule, and strong adherence to deadlines.
- Solid Ability to comprehend how products mechanically work in order to develop strong accurate content.
- Solid Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships.
- Preferred working knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (or other CMS/cCMS)
Training and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communication or a related field. OR a minimum of 2 years of equivalent work experience in the writing and communications fields.
- Experience in manufacturing is a plus.
This position is contracted through Ledgent Technology and Engineering. We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender e
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com