Date Posted: 7/20/2021Apply Now
* This position requires the ability to work across multiple disciplines and areas of specialty to help round out the spacecraft design, and test team.
* Responsibility for coordinating with several different vendors supplying Attitude Control Subsystem (ACS), Power, RF, and propulsion designs and hardware for the mission, including ACS software, star trackers, rate sensors, reaction wheels, sun sensors, batteries, EPS boards, RF components, solar arrays, and avionics.
* Lead test of components, subsystems, and the full flight system including writing test procedures, producing automated test scripts, executing tests on a Linux operating system, and debugging hardware and software integration issues with assistance from the rest of the team. Hands-on ability to work with hardware and software is key.
* Schedule test activities and coordinate across the whole team including maintaining status, ensuring test results get reported and archived appropriately, and issues are logged and resolved and reporting requirements verification events to systems engineering.
* Learn to operate the spacecraft software and associated ground command/telemetry system.
* Record requirement verification from tests/analysis, and write flight operations procedures. Work with flight operators to ensure test procedures exercise and validate flight operations procedures and that these procedures transition to flight operations use. Coordinate with flight operations for training of flight operators.
* Review and approve environmental test procedures with support from systems engineering for requirements and utilizing industry standards such as MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1540C, and GSFC-STD-7000
Basic electrical and mechanical engineering and hands on experience with implementing, testing and operating spacecraft hardware and software. Good interpersonal communication skills are required to stay in synch with the rest of the team. Familiarity with or desire to learn about all spacecraft hardware/software, system engineering techniques, and test methods is needed. Familiarity with basic test equipment is required. Clear, concise writing ability is required. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a small team demonstrating collaboration, leadership and hands-on execution. Occasional travel to customers or vendors may be required.
Previous small/micro satellite experience is highly desired. Engineering or science degree strongly preferred. 1 - 5 years of hands on experience strongly preferred. Familiarity with deep space missions is desired but not required. Some knowledge of Python, Linux and shell scripting is desired to support testing and operating the spacecraft.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Test Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.