Date Posted: 8/23/2021Apply Now
Failure Analysis Engineer
Location: Santa Clara CA
The Failure Analysis Engineer uses procedures and instructions to initiate the analysis process when product failure occurs. Investigations are researched for root causes with analysis documented, recorded, and communicated internally and with the client company. Responsible for first-level failure analysis on Customer returned Server/Workstation computers.
- Data Analysis/Communication/Issue Resolution - Prevention - 90% of Job
· Have appropriate knowledge of the various systems, tools, and procedures used in failure analysis.
· Be proficient in a large number of applications used for database management and reporting.
· Visual mechanical inspection (VMI) of Computer Systems, computer components (Power Supply, DIMM, CPU, NIC, SSD, Motherboards, etc.) and/or subcomponents
· Follows procedures and diagrams in performing engineering change orders, as required
· Completes component level troubleshooting (capacitor, resistors, fuse, IC, diode, etc.) and failure analysis.
·Tests troubleshoot, and repairs complex system failures, as required.
· Assembly & disassembly of units, computer components, and subcomponents.
· Skilled in communication, problem-solving, and applying experience and expertise.
· Complete sample analysis for equipment and process qualifications.
· Identify optimum analytical approaches critical to problems.
· Conduct innovative use of new analytical tools, equipment, and methodologies.
· Develop records and perform various failure analyses on systems and components to the identified. root cause.
· Develop formal failure analysis data reporting and present internally and to the client. Requires communication with the Asia team in emails and conference calls.
·Work inside customer lab.
Team Leadership - 10% of Job
· Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment while supporting the company's culture.
· Responsible for fostering a healthy and safe work environment, focusing on the well-being of all associates.
· Maintains and strengthens internal, external customer, and supplier relationships. Communicates and works well with all business partners.
· Ensures inventory management and merchandise allocation flow product through the warehouse in the most cost-efficient and productive manner.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Computer/Server repair or other related fields. Will accept an associate's degree with experience in product engineering.
· 3 to 5 years experience in FA role or 4 plus years in electronics quality inspection role
· Comprehensive computer knowledge is essential.
· Ability to use electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes & multi-meters, etc.)
· Remain current on developments in the field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and comprehensive knowledge of the Client's products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
· Must be able to speak English. Able to speak Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
· Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Familiarity with MS Office (advanced excel)
· Familiar with computer software and operating systems and possess the ability to identify and perform software updates (OS, BIOS, Drivers, Firmware)
· Ability to read and interpret schematics/block diagrams with a detailed understanding of computer and subassembly functionality
· Ability to read and interpret system board views and board layout details
· Effectively communicate concepts and solutions with various levels of the organization.
· Effectively liaison between Company and Client.
· Must be able to work cross-functionally with minimal supervision.
· Requires strong analytical and statistical skills.
· Requires flexibil
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Failure Analysis Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.