Ledgent Technology is seeking a Linux Systems Engineering Manager to lead teams who are responsible for the design, development, implementation, operation and management of the company's server, storage, and cloud infrastructure.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with ample room for skill growth and career advancement.
This is a remote opportunity; however, all applicants must reside within 2-hours commuting distance to one of the following locations in the event of an emergency:
Fort Lauderdale, FL
King George, VA
Miami Beach, FL
What you will be doing:
What you should bring to the table:
- Provide leadership to the systems engineering team responsible for planning, designing and implementation of the private cloud and discrete server infrastructure including VMWare, HP, Netapp, Linux, MySQL and related technologies
- Plan and coordinate the execution of systems engineering projects, including cost analysis and timeline estimate.
- Analyze user and application requirements to determine operating system, storage, memory, and CPU needs for both physical and virtual servers.
- Design, develop, and deploy systems within Synergy, C7000 and C3000 HPE Blade Enclosures and servers as well as discrete rackmount servers
- Assist with the development, analysis, configuration, and implementation of storage architectures.
- Gather and analyze application and end user storage requirements and IO performance needs to determine the proper storage layouts and disaster recovery profiles
- Work with corporate cyber security to ensure resources are architected and deployed securely.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience leading Linux systems engineering teams required
- 5+ years of experience leading teams responsible for the planning, designing and implementation of the private cloud and discrete server infrastructure including VMWare, HP, Netapp, Linux, MySQL and related technologies.
- Sound knowledge of VMware ESX, Hypervisor and Storage (Netapp)
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude
- Availability to resolve urgent VMware environment after hours
- Telecommunications/Cable/MSO experience (a plus)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org