Ledgent Technology is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to provide hands- support for Mac desktops/laptops and Apple applications.
This position is 100% on-site and is located in the Hallandale Beach, FL area.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with ample room for technical, educational and career growth.
What you will be doing:
What you should bring to the table:
- Solve user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation
- Research technical manuals, consult with users and/or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Administer the company phone system (e.g., new user setup and voicemail configuration, vendor and phone service provider relations, phone system testing and inventory).
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing and ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Develop training materials and procedures and train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Consult with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Provide desktop support 24/7 (weekdays and weekends outside of normal business hours may be required).
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years or professional, hands-on experience in desktop and software support required
- Minimum 1 years of professional Mac desktop/laptop and Apple support strongly preferred
- Google Workspaces experience is a plus
- Proven ability to install, upgrade, repair, move and replace desktops, laptops, smart phones/tablets, and other technical equipment.
- Demonstrated success with providing support and problem resolution with unfamiliar systems, software and hardware and a passion for solving problems long-term.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service and demonstrate professionalism while maintaining composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience providing 24/7 support (weekdays and weekends) as needed.
- Experience with IT ticketing and request systems
- Understanding of ITIL preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org