Ledgent Technology is seeking a Network Administrator or Network Engineer to join a rapidly growing Service Provider in the Aiken, SC area.
This position requires a hybrid work location set up: remote, in-office and at hub site location on occasion. Local travel only. Company vehicle provided.
What you will be doing (training provided as necessary)
Job Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses and/or Knowledge and Experience:
- This position is responsible for assisting with the design, implementation and support of a service provider IP and Ethernet network for Internet, Phone and Video.
- Day-to-day configuration, operation and support of Cisco IOS, IOS XE & XR routing and switching platforms.
- Day-to-day configuration, operation and support of Cisco routers ASR9K and NCS5K platforms.
- Day to day configuration and operation of Cisco 9500s, and NCS520s
- Day-to-day operation of JDSU optical testing equipment. Base Models include TB5800, TB6000, TB8000, ETB2000T and OLP-38. Modules include OTDR, AP, PMD, CD, OSA, EtherSAM.
- Assist with design, installation and configuration of the backbone infrastructure network
- Design, development and implementation of Network best practices.
- Documentation of network designs and configuration.
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation as a Tier-III escalation resource.
- Participate in a structured change management process.
- Occasional night and weekend shifts are required to implement changes during designated change windows.
- Providing professional support to internal and external customers.
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience required as a Network Administrator or Engineer.
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification, or equivalent certification from Juniper or Extreme/Brocade a plus
- Knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF and/or BGP required.
- Knowledge of CMTS strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of switching technologies (802.1Q, STP, RSTP, PVST+) a plus.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP and ICMP a plus
- Experience deploying and managing MPLS networks a plus
- Experience with programming or scripting with Python, Ansible, or other programming language is a plus.
- Knowledge of passive and active DWDM systems a plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco ONS or Ciena 6500 is a plus
- Knowledge of passive optical networks (PON) a plus.
- Working knowledge of Corning SMF-28, SMF-28e+, LEAF and Multimode Optical Fiber a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org