We are partnered with a client who is changing the landscape of the live sports and entertainment industry. They deliver innovative, cutting-edge technologies to enable safe, unforgettable fan experiences in venues across the globe.
They are looking for a motivated and experienced Principal Software Engineer with a specialty in Data Architecture to design, develop, and implement the next generation of our cloud-based data platform. A hands-on leader prepared to engage with a team in solving challenging problems using state-of-the-art technology. The goal is to provide a holistic view of the data to drive the business and our clients' businesses. Architect and build scaled, low-latency data platforms that facilitate research, analytics, monitoring and reporting. The ideal candidate will be a tenacious and creative problem solver with the ability to quickly prototype solutions.
- Ability to articulate technology vision and motivate others to follow
- Work within a strongly test-driven development structure
- Evaluate and reimagine current Products, Platforms, and Tools, include:
- Systems and service architecture and API design
- Data collection, storage, streams, analysis, visualization, and reporting
- Integrate all data and third-party analytics
- Evaluate and recommend latest cloud-based data analytics services
Technologies and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
- At least seven (7) years of data engineering experience with hands-on coding
- Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL), Reporting
- Proficiency in SQL & DML
- Data Visualization Tools such as Looker, Tableau
- Data Security and Privacy standards, including GDPR, CCPA
- Strong working knowledge of Agile process, CI/CD & build automation tools and SRE best-practices.
- Experience with GIT
- Key technical domains:
- Oracle, PostgreSQL or similar RDBMS
- MongoDB, or similar NoSQL database
- Cloud-based Data Warehouse, including BigQuery, Snowflake
- Data Stream Platform, such as Apache Kafka
- Message Brokers, such as ActiveMQ, Google PubSub, RabbitMQ
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com