We are partnered with a client who is changing the landscape of the live sports and entertainment industry. They deliver innovative, cutting-edge technologies to enable safe, unforgettable fan experiences in venues across the globe.
They are looking for a motivated and experienced Principal Software Engineer who is hands-on leader prepared to engage with a team in solving challenging problems using state-of-the-art technology to modernize their technology environment. Architect and build scaled, low-latency micro-services driven cloud-based systems that integrates with mobile application, web client, and third-party platforms. The ideal candidate will be a tenacious and creative problem solver with the ability to quickly prototype solutions.
- Ability to articulate technology vision and motivate others to follow
- Work within a strongly test-driven development structure
- Help introduce new technologies to engineering team, taking part in training, adoption, and execution of new platforms.
- Evaluate and reimagine current Products, Platforms, and Tools, include:
- Systems and service architecture and API design
- Identity management, user profile data integration
- Evaluate and recommend latest cloud-based web services
- Support mobile app and front-end integration
Technologies and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
- At least seven (7) years of web application development experience and three (3) years working in the role of Principal Engineer with hands-on coding
- Development experience with HTTP, JSON, Rest, XML
- Experience with microservice design patterns & solutions, for example Anti-Corruption Layer, Circuit Breaker, CQRS, Sharding, Sidecar, Strangler, Throttling, etc.
- Experience building large-scale cloud-based services.
- Experience with Secure Coding Practices and assurance that these practices are consistently followed in the development of all software products
- Strong working knowledge of Agile process, CI/CD & build automation tools and SRE best-practices.
- Experience with GIT required
Key technical domains:
- Database: large-scale implementation and utilization of NoSQL, preferably MongoDB
- Reverse proxy & load distribution with NGINX
- Containers/Orchestrators, such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Data Stream Platform, such as Apache Kafka
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com