Ledgent Technology is seeking a Principal Linux Systems Engineer to join a rapidly growing MSO.
This is a direct hire position with ample room for career growth.
This is a remote opportunity; however, all applicants must reside within 3-hours commuting distance to one of the following locations in the event of an emergency:
Fort Lauderdale, FL
King George, VA
Miami Beach, FL
What we are ultimately looking for:
What you will be doing:
- A very strong, heavy-hitter Linux Engineer.
- The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of hands-on Linux Engineering experience.
What you should bring to the table:
- Responsible for the design, implementation and operation of the server, storage, and cloud infrastructure which primarily utilizes VMWare external customers.
- Oversee the planning, design and implementation of the private cloud and discrete server infrastructure including VMWare, HP, Netapp, Linux, MySQL and related technologies
- Analyze user and application requirements to determine operating system, storage, memory, and CPU needs for both physical and virtual servers.
- Design, develop, and deploy systems within Synergy, C7000 and C3000 HPE Blade Enclosures and servers as well as discrete rackmount servers
- Assist with the development, analysis, configuration, and implementation of storage architectures. Gather and analyze application and end user storage requirements and IO performance needs to determine the proper storage layouts and disaster recovery profiles
- Project planning, including cost analysis and timeline estimates.
- Work with corporate cyber security to ensure resources are architected and deployed in a secure fashion
- Work with internal audit to validate policies and procedures are followed
- Participate in future technology direction discussions leveraging experience and active research
- Document systems and application design and configuration
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining Enterprise Level computer, servers, and software infrastructures.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering related field strongly preferred
- 10+ years' experience, much of which in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of VMware ESX and related technologies
- Ability to resolve urgent VMware environment problems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com