ONLY local candidates to southern CA - Requires ONSITE WORK near Irvine, CA
- The ideal candidate has hands-on software development experience (preferred), with a full understanding of SDLC principles.
- A leader and a self-starter, and at the same time, strongly team-oriented and collaborative. Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and are able to change hats as needed to suit the situation of the moment. Remain calm under pressure and inspire and motivate your team to do the same. Conduct yourself confidently and respectfully with colleagues at all levels, and you value building strong relationships across the organization.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives
- Help team clarify MVP goals and actions to achieve them
- Help remove roadblocks and escalate risks or issues in a timely and effective manner
- Protect the team from external interruptions by filtering requests through the Product Owner and pushing back on scope creep
- Influence and guide relatively new Agile teams to adopt the Scrum values
- Coach and guide the team toward stable velocity, successfully meeting sprint commitments and project target dates
- Work closely with Product Owner to maintain a healthy product backlog for the team, ensure team is focused on completing all work in each sprint, as well as coordinate and manage cross-team dependencies to keep projects on track
- Utilize key metrics to identify opportunities and drive action with team
- Provide thorough status updates/reports on your team's sprint and/or project accomplishments in real-time to project/program manager and other key stakeholders
- Coach and provide feedback to individual team members and stakeholders on Agile best practices and areas of opportunity
- Support Release Manager in coordinating sprint releases across multiple teams
- Modernize legacy platforms to improve speed to market
- Leverage the latest automation technologies to improve efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business or other related field.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team
- Active Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification
- Hands-on software development experience, not required but highly preferred
- Expert knowledge of and demonstrated experience in Scrum and Agile, including coaching teams during Agile transformation
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts professionally and effectively with colleagues at all levels, including senior and executive management
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com