Data Center Specialist / Remote (PST)
Location: Must be located in the Pacific Time Zone
As a data center specialist, you will be responsible for managing operations with data center vendors, maintaining the hardware assets, and resolving system issues. This key role will be a part of the Data Center Community (DCC) team focused on providing services for external parties to create a positive partner experience.
- Be the central point of contact for all Node Providers to approve data center colocations based on the program's technical requirements.
- Act as a liaison to communicate and help deploy the Internet Computer nodes which may range from collecting correct IP address ranges, submitting remote hand tickets, and writing runbooks.
- Coordinating data center specifications to gather quotes from data center colocations.
- Negotiate the terms during the sales process and ensure all quotes meet technical requirements.
- Work with VARs, manufacturers to help capacity plan and order hardware.
- Work with the Legal team and/or Program Manager to finalize legal agreements.
- Update/maintain the data center pipeline and organize all relevant documents.
- Be the point of contact for all of our data center partners.
- Support the Program Manager with DCC's Infrastructure Program Initiatives. Be the technical point of contact for the members in the program.
- Coordinate with the Data Center Services team to rollout hardware in external data center colocations for external partners.
- Support the Data Center Services team to create hardware installation runbooks.
- 6+ years of experience in Data Center management and operations.
- Vendor management (VARs, Manufacturers) experience is required.
- Previous experience working at a Data Center is a plus.
- Experience in Project Management
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org