Looking for a Software/Firmware Engineer with the below background.
Title: Software/Firmware Engineer
Location: Mt. View, CA
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Senior Software/Firmware Engineer capable of doing embedded system development in medical space with knowledge of FDA requirements and working within the FDA regulations and environment. The position requires strong hardware background in addition to classic software development skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Design and architect functional modules including the design of key components and subsystems.
- Hands-on integration and collaboration with disciplines such as electrical and mechanical.
- Recommend new products and product developments and contribute to roadmap efforts.
- Support modeling and prototyping for next-generation products.
- Evaluate and characterize image processing algorithms.
- Engage cross-functionally with researchers and engineers to develop and ship innovative concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, integration, infrastructure, and applications)
- Design and implementation of firmware and embedded software.
- Evaluating the existing legacy firmware implementations and participating in the development of a unified solution that integrates with existing products while being extensible to upcoming platforms.
- Testing of firmware and embedded software components.
· Strong on Embedded Firmware Engineer experience with good exposure to a hardware environment
· Medical experience (understanding of the requirements process/rules/software lifecycle)
· Discrete skills (C/C++/Python, Linux OS, ARM, and TI DSP processors)
· Writing skills (ability to express selves in written reports in a clear fashion)
- A Bachelor's degree, or an advanced degree in Software Engineering.
- 3-5+ years of experience with medical device Software/Firmware
- Experience with various development facets of Linux OS
- Familiarity developing and debug with the following core families: ARM, TI C2xxx DSP family, PIC.
- Experience developing under C, C++, QT5, CUDA, TensorFlow
- Familiarity with hardware communications standards SPI, I2C, 1-wire, RS232.
- Familiarity with RFID
- PID control theory and tuning.
- Design Verification Tests (DVT). Write technical reports.
- Experience with Oscilloscope, laser power meters, and strong comfort level working in a lab environment using digital embedded system debug tools (ICE, logic analyzers, JTAG)
- Hands-on experience with lasers, linear sensors, cameras (CCD/CMOS), LED lighting, optics, optomechanical and electro-mechanical systems is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org