Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the areas of embedded software and electrical design. Assists with complex assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures, as well as the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices. Works to complete projects that are expected to result in the development of new or refined equipment, processes, products and methods.
- Identifies test methods to be used for design verification.
- Develops strategies for system level software testing.
- Develops and/or collaborates on design verification protocols.
- Supports and/or executes test protocols.
- Records, reports, interprets data, and presents results to cross functional colleagues and leaders.
- Contributes to system verification and validation activities.
- Collaborates with the Software Development and System Verification teams to design and implement solutions in support of continuous integration, new release testing, and system's functionality testing.
- Supports validation of test automation solutions.
- Analyzes failures and collaborates with software and system engineers to facilitate root cause investigations.
- Participates in software design reviews as appropriate.
- Assist with the development of project requirements.
- Provides traceability between subsystem requirements and corresponding testing protocols.
- Provides work breakdown estimates.
- May assist in interviews with new department personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Three (3) to six (6) years previous relevant industry experience required
- Knowledge of computer hardware, emulators and debuggers required
- Must be proficient in the use of electronic test equipment
- Must be proficient in Assembly Language, C/C++ and Visual Basic
- Digital/Analog circuit design experience is necessary
- Hardware/Software verification and validation skills are essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org