Temporary remote due to Covid-19 and will become a hybrid model in the future - Only considering candidates local to southern CA.
We are partnered with a client supporting the education sector. They are looking for a Sr Project Manager who is PMP certified with excellent communication as this a heavy external customer-facing position who has good understanding of common networking and data communications terminology and concepts, preferably (recent) experience working for a telecommunications company. Experienced in Agile/Scrum.
- Lead projects of varying size, predominantly in three areas: network services to member institutions, internal network upgrades, and internal software development initiatives
- Very tactical in project management full life cycle (not only execution of projects). Provide project management expertise in all phases of the project lifecycle
- Lead project teams in developing goals, defining and assigning tasks and due dates, and ensuring the project team meets all deliverables in a timely manner
- Mentor other PMO small staff on PM methodologies and best practices
- Collaborate with PMO teammates to define and/or refine PMO standards and processes within a broader continuous improvement strategy
- Assist the PMO Manager with the development and management of relationships with (telecom) providers
- Experience in documentation of standards and processes
- Solid knowledge of standard project management tools and ability to learn new tools quickly
- Deep understanding of current project management methodologies and best practices - both Waterfall and Agile experience required
- Good understanding of common networking and data communications terminology and concepts
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience required
- Project management certification (PMP). CSM certification is nice to have
- 5+ years formal project management experience required
- Experience managing projects using agile / scrum
- Prior experience working with data communications providers preferred
- Prior experience working with Jira and Smartsheet preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org