Only considering local candidates to Southern California
We are partnered with a client in the home buying industry who value culture and team dynamics that will be able to help you advance in your career.
The Software Development Manager focuses on managing and evolving the development strategies for their tools and products. They are looking for candidates who love coaching the development team and seeks out new development technologies and techniques that can help productivity. This person will also help provide development planning to satisfy product roadmap and lead initiatives on projects.
- Manage and help guide the development team
- Provide analytics to business, through data, presentations and/or tools.
- Work closely with Business Analysts and Product Owners to understand user stories prior to refinement
- Provide high level sizing and technical insights during backlog grooming
- Be fully aware of the backlog's health
- Work with leadership to understand the dev team members growth plans and help them work towards their short- and long-term goals
- Responsible for releasing product on release cadence
- Take initiative to respond to all team messages, TFS comments and emails to ensure that development continues to move forward
- Help team with removing impediments and blockers
- Step outside the comfort zone to learn new skill sets that pertain to our technology needs
- Maintain a positive and excited attitude so your team feeds off that energy
- Understand various development methodologies
- Familiarity working with .Net web technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to keep up with the latest development software
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years experience in software development in any major language
- 2+ years experience managing
- Experience in mortgage, financial and/or real estate industries with software development a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com