Ledgent Technology is seeking a Network Engineer to join a rapidly growing MSO (Multiple System Operator) service provider in Miami, Florida.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with ample room for career and education growth.
Local travel may be required up to 40% post-COVID. Company vehicle provided. Must have satisfactory driving record.
What you will be doing:
What you should bring to the table:
- Assist with the design, implementation, and support of a mission critical service provider's Ethernet and IP network for Internet, Phone and Video.
- Day-to-day configuration, operation and support of Cisco IOS, IOS XE & XR routing and switching platforms.
- Assist with design, installation and configuration of the backbone infrastructure network as directed by the Director of Network Engineering.
- Documentation of network designs and configuration.
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation as a Tier-III escalation resource.
- Occasional night and weekend shifts are required in order to implement changes during designated change windows.
- Providing professional support to internal and external customers.
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE certification, or equivalent certification from Juniper or Extreme/Brocade (preferred)
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience required as a Network Engineer.
- Experience with passive and active DWDM systems (Ciena 6500, Cisco ONS, Adva FSP etc).
- Experience deploying and managing MPLS networks (required)
- Extensive knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF and BGP (required).
- Extensive knowledge of switching technologies (802.1Q, STP, RSTP, PVST+) (required).
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP and ICMP (required).
- Experience with load balancing technologies such as F5 Networks (preferred).
- Working knowledge of Corning SMF-28, SMF-28e+, LEAF and Multimode Optical Fiber (required).
- Experience with carrier grade NAT appliances such as A10 (required).
- Experience with programming or scripting with Python, Ansible, or other programming languages (preferred).
- Knowledge of passive optical networks (PON) (a plus).
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org