Date Posted: 3/1/2021Apply Now
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain servers, network devices, and firewalls
- Design, implement, and maintain information security via NTFS and POSIX ACL's
- Support core GNULinux, BSD, Microsoft, Cisco, and VMware technologies.
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator
- In-depth knowledge of GNULinux RedHat, Debian, etc.
- Fluent in Python OR Powershell 5+, and/or Bash/Shell.
- Git for version control and experience with automation tools like Ansible.
- Hands on experience with MSSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, and Elasticsearch
- Experience with containerization technologies like K8s, LXC, and Docker.
- Familiarity with RAID and SAN management and concepts
- Solid knowledge of common protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, etc.
- MCSE, RHCE, RHCSA, CCNA, CCNP, and/or COMPTIA Net/Linux+ certifications desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows server OS's (Server 2000-2016)
- Advanced knowledge of Windows desktop OS's (XP to Windows 10)
- Advanced knowledge of GNULinux OS's (RHEL/CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu)
- Experience with FreeNAS, pfSense, and/or other common BSD based distributions
- Managing >60 Windows servers, >140 GNULinux and BSD servers, >1500 Windows based end-user devices
- Managing deployments/rollouts
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX, Microsoft HyperV Server, and KVM+QEMULibvirt.
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- On-prem Exchange 2013+, postfix, sendmail, dovecot, spamassassin, and clamav.
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back-bone infrastructure issues
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q trunks)
- Setup and management of site-to-site IPSec VPN solutions (Cisco ASA, pfSense, Sophos)
- Strong problem-solving, communication, and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Senior Systems Administrator position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.