We are a major supplier of critical power conversion technology to the medical, technology, and industrial markets. We are a fast-growing company listed on the London Stock Exchange. We are looking for self-motivated professionals who thrive in dynamic environments. We are proud of and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive for excellence.
Job Title: PCB Designer - Printed Circuit Board
Location: Gloucester, MA
PCB Designer is responsible for multilayer SMT and through-hole PCB design using Altium. You will work with the Electrical, Mechanical, Product Data, Purchasing, and Production departments.
Qualifications and skills
- Create and maintain a component library database of schematic symbols and component land patterns per IPC and Corporate standards.
- Design single sided, double sided & multi-layer printed circuit boards with guidance from Electrical Engineers.
- Create PCB design packages that include schematic capture, symbol creation, placement, connection, netlist, BOM generation, artwork, and production documentation using Altium and OrCAD.
- Update/Revise existing designs as required.
- Design and model power supplies with associated internal sub-assemblies including PCB footprints and harnessing for proper fit and function using Altium and SolidWorks.
- Create sheet metal fabrication drawings to comply with standards.
- Generate Mechanical Bill of Materials for data entry.
- Prepare mark-ups of BOM and related drawings for ECO processing.
- Good skills with Altium (we want years of experience with this package in a professional environment). Experience using high-density BGA's (like with 0.5-0.6mm pitch) in multilayer boards (typ 8-12 layers).
- Track record of defining layer structure in designs.
- Knowledge of high-speed trace layout (300MHz is enough doesn't need to be gigabit) and memory interface.
- Experience with low noise, low EMI design. Experience with RF and Analog design.
- Experience as PCB librarian.
- High power electronics design a plus.
- Simulation tools such as spice a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes company-sponsored health insurance coverage, and a 401K plan. Non-financial benefits include a friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org