We are a major supplier of critical power conversion technology to the medical, technology, and industrial markets. We are a fast-growing company listed on the London Stock Exchange. We are looking for self-motivated professionals who thrive in dynamic environments. We are proud of and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive for excellence.
Job Title: Sr. Electro-Mechanical Designer (PCB & Mechanical)/CAD Librarian
Location: Gloucester, MA
Sr. Electro-Mechanical Designer (PCB & Mechanical)/CAD Librarian is responsible for multilayer SMT and through-hole PCB design using Altium. This position also includes CAD Librarian responsibilities and 30% to 50% Mechanical Design using AutoCAD and SolidWorks. You will work with the Electrical, Mechanical, Product Data, Purchasing, and Production departments.
Qualifications and Skills
- Create and maintain a component library database of schematic symbols and component land patterns per IPC and Corporate standards.
- Design single-sided, double-sided & multi-layer printed circuit boards with guidance from Electrical Engineers.
- Create PCB design packages that include schematic capture, symbol creation, placement, connection, netlist, BOM generation, artwork, and production documentation using Altium and OrCAD.
- Update/Revise existing designs as required.
- Design and model power supplies with associated internal sub-assemblies including PCB footprints and harnessing for proper fit and function using Altium and SolidWorks. * Create sheet metal fabrication drawings to comply with standards.
- Generate Mechanical Bill of Materials for data entry.
- Prepare mark-ups of BOM and related drawings for ECO processing.
- 10+ years of experience in electronic design using PCAD, PADS, Altium, or similar CAD tools, at least 3 in Altium.
- 2d and 3d mechanical design capability using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Proven skill in Multi-Layer, Schematic Capture, Gerber, DXF.
- Good knowledge of SMT PCB layout, package sizes, and IPC standards.
- Strong understanding of circuit board design and design for manufacturability.
- Concentrated experience and/or educational background in engineering is highly desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, assembly, and product specification drawings.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience communicating effectively with electrical and mechanical engineers.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to achieve deadlines.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes company-sponsored health insurance coverage, and a 401K plan. Non-financial benefits include a friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com