Date Posted: 11/20/2020Apply Now
NPI Test Engineer
Location: RF Product Group, Gloucester, MA
We are designer and manufacturer of electronic power conversion products which it supplies to the electronics industry. It serves the Industrial, Healthcare, Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing and Technology markets. It has sales and marketing operations in North America, Europe and Asia and manufacturing in China, Vietnam and North America.
The opportunity We are looking for self-motivated professionals who thrive in fast paced dynamic environments to join our team. We are proud of and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive for excellence and can make a difference.
The NPI Test Engineer supports New Product Introduction and product transfer through test development and deployment. The successful candidate will document existing test, work with engineering in developing and testing jigs and test fixtures, and will run tests, monitor yields and performance. It will be a key position to support product transfer to facilities in North America and in Asia. The NPI Test Engineer must be capable of working independently to complete tasks. Teamwork skills are also necessary to collaborate with other engineers on specific product issues. The NPI Test Engineer should be excellent at problem solving to determine ways for addressing performance issues with the products during evaluate. Must have solid analytical skills to effectively process the data that is collected from testing and must be strong at communicating to clearly explain their conclusions and recommendations.
* Define test requirements, processes and procedures during product development to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective production testing of RF Power products.
* Design and develop test processes and equipment in support of New Product Introduction, Existing Product transfer and production testing. Includes: test strategy development, development of manufacturing test requirements, development of test plans, hardware and software design (both automated and manual testing), assembly, debug, validation and release of test equipment.
* Test equipment and test process support, on an as required basis to ensure the needs of RF Power production operations are attained.
* Participate in the commissioning, ring out, debug of ATE equipment.
* Be first line of contact during product ramps in North America and Asia.
* May provide work direction to technicians or other production test/assembly personnel.
* Track problems, resolutions, and bug fixes throughout testing and create a comprehensive database of defects and successful mitigation techniques.
* Create detailed, step-by-step documentation of test procedures for each phase or project as needed to ensure replicability, compliance with standards, and growth of company knowledge base.
* Provide frequent feedback, including recommendations for improvements, evaluation of problems, potential solutions, and discussion of further test requirements.
* Design and implement automated testing tools when possible, and update tools as needed to ensure currency and accuracy.
* Other duties and responsibilities when required. Key Qualifications and Skills:
* A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 6 years of experience developing and deploying production test and an electromechanical assembly environment including ICT, Functional Test and Reliability Test (HALT, HASS).
* Working knowledge of test software (Visual Basic, Labview).
* Experience with the test, troubleshooting and training with Industrial Equipment (RF experience a plus).
* Project management experience demonstratin
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the NPI Test Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.