Date Posted: 11/20/2020Apply Now
Manufacturing And Process Development Engineer
Location: RF Product Group, Gloucester, MA
We are designer and manufacturer of electronic power conversion products which it supplies to the electronics industry. It serves the Industrial, Healthcare, Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing and Technology markets. It has sales and marketing operations in North America, Europe and Asia and manufacturing in China, Vietnam and North America.
The opportunity We are looking for self-motivated professionals who thrive in fast paced dynamic environments to join our team. We are proud of and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive for excellence and can make a difference.
The Manufacturing Process Development NPI Engineer is responsible for completing the documentation and manufacturing and test package for deploying new and transferring existing products to factories in North America and Asia. You will be hands on in the process, but also by enlisting and influencing cross-functional teams in the introduction of new and existing products to our factories. The Manufacturing and Process Development NPI Engineer will significantly impact our new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. This will be the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. This position supports Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet our quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in our applicable systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
* Apply proven manufacturing practices to new products and existing product to refine, develop and launch products in factories in North America and Asia.
* Develop and prove manufacturing and test processes during product development and launch in production facility.
* Hands on in creating assembly and test procedures for existing and new designs for production transfer and launch.
* Organize and supervise Process verification builds, using proven statistical methods.
* Help plan for capacity and throughput in a high mix low to medium volume environment.
* Provide DFM feedback to engineering team.
* Help with updating documentation for production ramps.
* Strong technical background and capabilities. Motivated to work on own initiative and the ability to make and implement decisions.
* Knowledge of ISO compliance with an emphasis on validation.
* Knowledge of Six-Sigma methodology, problem-solving tools and Lean Manufacturing principles.
* Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
* A demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and cost-effective solutions.
* Computer literate and familiar with all Office software packages.
* AutoCAD, Solidworks and Minitab experience preferable.
* Knowledge of equipment, process and product validation processes, ability with statistical data analysis.
* Experience in the development of test methods and associated product testing.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
* Bachelor's in engineering or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years' manufac
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Manufacturing and Process Development Engr position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.