Date Posted: 11/20/2020Apply Now
Senior Electrical Engineer
We are a major supplier of critical power conversion technology to the medical, technology and industrial markets. We are a fast-growing company listed on the London Stock Exchange. We are looking for self- motivated professionals who thrive in dynamic environments. We are proud of and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive for excellence.
Location: Gloucester, MA
Employment Type: Full time, non-exempt
Supports engineering development activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication, and assembly of prototype RF Generator systems (500W-12kW) and specialized test equipment.
Applications include RF circuits, analog circuits, digital circuits and logic systems.
Works from schematics, drawings, written, and verbal descriptions, and layouts to perform assembly, testing, checkout, and trouble-shooting functions.
Conducts engineering tests and detailed experiments to verify design data and assist in research work.
Performs operational tests and fault isolation.
Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
Assists in the design, construction, and check-out of test equipment.
Uses test and diagnostic equipment including automated test equipment (ATE), test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and specialized high voltage apparatus.
* Work with engineering to test, troubleshoot, modify, assemble(as required) prototype hardware for high power RF generators.
* Supports engineering with component level troubleshooting of RF, analog and digital circuits
* Performs inspection of all materials and documentation prior to performing assigned tasks
* Performs advanced tests requiring judgment in determining work methods and interpreting test results
* Highly organized. Writes clear and accurate test result reports.
* Develops troubleshooting guidelines and writes test procedures
* Performs corrective and preventive maintenance on equipment
* Maintains positive working relationships with co-workers and management.
* Performs set-up, calibration, and extensive engineering test of sub-assemblies and final product
Key Qualifications and Skills:
* Strong instrumentation and test equipment skills.
* Familiarity with data acquisition systems.
* Intermediate data reduction and report writing.
* Ability to trouble-shoot components, assemblies, and subsystems.
* Capable of marking up schematics and drawings
* Working knowledge of complex electronic systems
* Ability to work independently.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Engineering Technician position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.