Date Posted: 10/14/2020Apply Now
Duties & Responsibilities :
Firmware engineers are responsible for developing the software required to control our 0.5 to 6 GHz wireless test equipment.
* Develop multiplatform embedded firmware for new products
* Develop automated test scripts to exercise the firmware and hardware. These test scripts should be able to isolate problems in the design
* Develop firmware design specifications, communicate and verify these specifications with the RF/logic designers, and implement these in a timely and high quality manner
* Low level API development
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
1. BS Degree in CE or EE with embedded development experience
2. 5-10 years' experience working in software engineering
3. Proven knowledge of RF systems, debugging and signal processing
4. Familiarity with reading schematics and data sheets for components
5. Hands on experience using oscilloscopes, signal generator and spectrum analyzer
6. Experience with HW interfaces such as SPI, PCIe and UART
7. Excellent knowledge of developing structured software in C++ and working with existing code bases
9. Strong knowledge of software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
10. Excellent written and oral communication skills
11. Results oriented independently and in a team setting- has track record for delivery results, takes ownership and is accountable
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Firmware Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.