Date Posted: 9/10/2020Apply Now
Title: Senior Software Engineer - Data, ETL and Analytics
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Our Threat Insight is an enterprise network security product focused on providing capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track adversaries in real-time.
Our mission is to use the power of information to detect, track, and dismantle hackers' means of attacking our customers. Our team has seen all sides of the equation, as attackers and defenders, in addition to the complex engineering required to solve these problems at scale. Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view of their networks, perform forensics on security incidents, and build effective early warning systems.
We are looking for Software Engineers to help us solve complex search and pattern matching problems at the petabyte scale. Our data collection needs to operate in near real-time, our data stores need to scale linearly with our datasets, our search needs to perform sub-second matches, our classifiers and behavior analytics need to operate over streaming data sets, and our pattern matching needs to support a variety of operators, window functions, and custom intersection semantics. We work with a number of data storage and processing systems, including MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop, HBase/Phoenix, Spark, Elasticsearch, a variety of AWS data services as well as some proprietary systems.
Core Job Role
- Design, implement, build, test, and deploy scalable systems to store, process, and retrieve high-rate event streams.
- Design and hands-on software development (writing new code) for ETL, enrichment, alerting, and indexing high-rate event streams.
- Support the Operations team in capacity planning and performance tuning for large scale systems.
- Implement processes for applying data-analysis algorithms to event-streams.
- 4 or more years of hands-on coding experience in Java (mandatory).
- Knowledge and experience with the Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, HBase, Spark
- Solid knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, software design. Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Knowledge of monitoring, benchmarking, diagnostic, and performance optimization tools.
- Experience in developing high performance and scalable systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Data, ETL and Analytics - Senior Software Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.