We are working with a company within the real estate industry with a direct-hire position for a Sr. Appian Developer.
[ This role is temporarily remote and will later transition to an onsite role. ]
This position must manage and maintain the health of the Appian environment and should take proactive measures to ensure proper performance. This role requires collaboration, mentorship, and a willingness to work in a strong team setting to accomplish common goals.
Development of the application is fast-paced and complex, so this position must leverage a deep understanding of the Appian platform to implement robust, well-performing solutions to the business with a mix of production fixes and net-new enhancements.
- Develop custom Appian solutions based on business requirements
- Integrate Appian with other business systems as required
- Utilize the Appian AppMarket to recommend pre-built plug-ins and implement them when needed
- Design Appian architecture and dependencies for optimal performance
- Document workflows and integration points post-project
- Complete code/peer review for other developers
- Identify performance improvement initiatives and execute on those recommendations
- Follow Scrum development methodologies closely
- Work with various team members to analyze requirements and translate those into Appian solutions
- Follow best practices for Appian platform development
- Prepare for and perform deployments and upgrades
- Perform automated regression and unit testing prior to release; report on findings
- Work with QA team to develop test cases
- Demonstrate newly-developed solutions to the business
- Write custom SQL queries against the database to perform analysis/troubleshooting and retrieve audit data as needed
- Proactively identify and communicate issues, risks, progress to business and IT stakeholders, providing options and next steps.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience developing in Appian (3 years direct Appian experience in combination with 1+ year on another low-code platform/general development experience also acceptable)
- Hands-on experience in Appian with in-depth knowledge on Process Models, SAIL Interfaces, Web APIs, Integration SDK, Sites, Process Model as a Service, Admin Console, Document Management, and Integration Smart Services
- Knowledge of webservices and integration
- Knowledge of SDLC and ability to participate in all phases
- Experience working on Agile Scrum projects
- Understanding of development languages and integration technologies
- Relational databases management systems, data modeling, database design and SQL (interaction with the php MyAdmin MySQL database)
- Strong problem solving and design skills with Appian-specific BPM development
- BA/BS or combination of industry certifications and equivalent related work experience of 5 years or more
- Strong technical knowledge
- Direct experience developing withing the Appian environment
- Good understanding of project and time management principles
- Passionate about technology and creating business efficiencies
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org