Title: Resident Support Engineer
Location: Atlanta, USA
Duration: 12+ months
- Provide professional support for the deployment and use of post-sales equipment in a tier 1 service provider environment.
- Design and configure expansions to the existing infrastructure, including creating and updating the project inventory and related documentation.
- Design and update packet flow rules to support packet analysis solutions. Adapt and optimize the packet flow rules as the customer network and requirements evolve, removing rules no longer required. Troubleshoot and resolve any issues with the packet flow rules.
- Assist the customer with daily operational support, systems troubleshooting, and various service enhancements to the infrastructure.
- Respond as the first line of assistance when the customer is unable to solve problems on their own - provide initial Root Cause Analysis of discovered issues. Proactively escalate to HQ if the issue cannot be resolved locally.
- Create and execute plans for system software upgrades, including conducting impact analysis and lab qualification testing.
- Educate customers on new features and operationalize new features in production.
- Develop and execute MOPs for software upgrades, maintenance window activities, and other significant system changes.
- Produce and share system capacity forecasts with the customer and account team.
- Review designs, documentation, and other changes with appropriate stakeholders and the customer and incorporate improvement feedback.
- Innovate and deploy best practices and operational procedures
- Use scripting and/or programming skills to automate routine procedures, generate custom data analysis, or provide integration.
- Complete and submit the required summary reports in a timely manner.
- Network internally with staff and other relevant customers to communicate opportunities for product improvements based on customer's experience with the product.
- Provide technical expertise to the account team, support, management, customer, other RSEs and contractors
- Note that some activities may need to be performed during customer maintenance windows outside of standard business hours
- Perform configuration, maintenance, installation, support, and documentation
- 5 years of progressive work experience in IT or service provider infrastructure design, deployment, and support - preferably with network switches and routers, firewalls, security tools such as intrusion detection and prevention systems, network-wide performance monitoring systems, and/or network visibility or packet broker solutions.
- Prior to consulting and/or staff augmentation experience.
- Strong communication skills (speaking, listening, writing)
- GCP Certified is desired
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org