This is an on site position in Orange, CA, 40 hours a week, 7 AM to 4 PM, 60 to 90 days' contract (W2).
Reporting to the Helpdesk and Implementation manager that is responsible for HelpDesk services, this position is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer ERP systems, workstation hardware, software, and networking. Individual is to provide high levels of customer service via phone and email to ensure customers' issues and questions are handled courteously and as efficiently as possible. The expectation is meeting or exceeding service levels
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to end users on a variety of issues including but not limited to: Password resets, printer install, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 2008/2012/2016 server, and Microsoft Office and other Windows based applications
- Position requires handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in an appropriate and non-condescending manner.
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Manage File shares and network printers on Windows 2008/2012/2016 server
- Troubleshoot system failures and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems with the assistance of senior staff
- Respond to telephone calls, e-mail and personal requests for technical support
- Document, track and monitor ALL issues (in ServiceDesk) to ensure timely resolution
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved
- Document, track and monitor ALL IT assets including hardware, software, desk phones, cell phones, etc.
- Contribute to effective network and systems performance and reliability by assisting in the planning and making recommendations for changes and improvements
- Assist with basic computer hardware and software training
- Ensure computer systems are performing at optimal levels
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Run diagnostics to troubleshoot problems
- Partner with IT subject matter experts to resolve 2nd and 3rd level technical issues with networks, servers and enterprise applications.
- Install computer peripherals for users
- Must maintain proactive communication with manager regarding open item status
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by direct manager. Must be okay with set schedule, but subject to change as department needs change.
- Minimum 3 year experience with: Hardware Repair and diagnostics, virus detection and removal, software installation, new PC setup and deployment, Microsoft Active Directory
- Proficiency with Windows 7/10 and ability to effectively troubleshoot issues in a timely manner (Windows Server experience is a plus)
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols, Cabling, Wireless, VPN, and Network technologies. Setting up/troubleshooting Apple and Android phones and tablets.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge/experience with most of the MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and/or Access
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, i
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com