Date Posted: 7/29/2020Apply Now
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Effectively execute the following duties and responsibilities. Other related duties may be assigned, based on business needs.
* Assist system stakeholders in eliciting system requirements through various methods.
* Do the legwork required to dig deep into a technical problem and troubleshoot prior to engaging engineering with a well-developed issue.
* Identify enhancement patterns, reusing existing functionality to solve multiple problems and discern stakeholder needs from system comfort.
* Serve as a conduit between the customer community (internal/external stakeholders and vendors) and the software engineering team for various systems.
* Collaborate with engineers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability, performance, and security/compliance needs.
* Analyze information needs and functional requirements, and deliver use cases, system designs, and test cases, as needed.
* Understand various systems' architectures, features, and limitations at a technical level and explain these to business stakeholders.
* Understand business concepts and processes to assist engineering in translating these into system requirements.
* Perform technical troubleshooting, issue triage, testing, and issue reporting on a regular basis.
* Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, exercising judgment to ensure work is delivered on time.
* Participate in all Scrum team activities and meetings.
* Perform manual QA and help with user acceptance testing as needed.
* Ensure successful adoption of system changes by supporting system owners with training and writing documentation.
* Contribute to a positive working environment, making this the Best Job Ever for self and others.
THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS YOU BRING
* Diploma or equivalent required; degree preferred.
* 5+ years' experience in systems analysis preferred.
* Strong technical product management skillset required, including a thorough understanding of how to translate high-level business needs into technical system requirements.
* Understanding SOA architecture concepts required; current or prior object-oriented programming experience strongly preferred.
* Hands-on experience with troubleshooting tools required. Examples include Postman, Swagger UI, Insomnia REST Client, Paw, Apigee, and cURL.
* Solid SQL understanding required.
THE ABILITIES YOU POSSESS
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as a team.
Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
* Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to be considered
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Technical Systems Analyst position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.