Role: Technical Writer
Location: Portland, OR
What we are looking for...
What you will be doing...
- Bachelor's degree in technical writing, English, rhetoric, journalism, education, or equivalent experience!
- We are looking for 2+ years of experience in technical writing
- Highly creative, resourceful, quick learner dedicated to finding new and better ways to solve user problems.
- Ability to write high-quality, personable content that meets the needs of specific user personas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with help authoring tools such as MadCap Flare, easyDITA, etc!
- Ability to interpret and present technical information effectively to a variety of audiences.
- An understanding of planning and designing information architecture!
- Develop user-centered learning content that meets user goals of company!
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Engineering, Product Management, Support, Training, Professional Services, and Marketing to design ideal customer learning experiences
- Directly engage with customers to understand user learning goals, preferred modalities, pain points, and success of various learning solution approaches through objective user research as part of the Research teams.
- Experience with DITA/XML content authoring and usage of content management systems. Tell me about your content management experience!
- Knowing Agile and Lean fundamentals and principles :)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com