Date Posted: 5/26/2020Apply Now
Our client within the financial services industry is seeking an Associate Director of Technology who will play a Software Development Manager role.
This role is within the Marketing team and reports to Director of Marketing and Product management on progress.
Will lead a team of 10 technical team members to include Developers following Kanban methodology. Although this role will not be technically hands-on with coding, this person is expected to have a background in the .Net stack.
** Lead generation in relation to SEO from a technical perspective is required. Ideally, experienced in managing Developers within a marketing team.
1. 2+ Years in development managerial role
2. 5+ Years in technological role
3. .Net background
4. Lead Generation and SEO
This role focuses on leading and evolving the technology strategies for the company's tools and products. By ensuring we are always utilizing the latest and greatest technology, maintaining high standard practices in systems architecture and security, and coaching the technology team on our platform; guide the technology team on business strategies and logic; provide development planning to satisfy product roadmap; lead initiatives on projects;
1. Managing development team and provide guidance to development managers on strategies.
2. Be proactive in understanding that business has reporting expectations by creating visibility into the usage of the entirety of the products.
3. Ensure that development management is working closely with BAs to understand user stories prior to refinement, so there can be an effective and productive sizing.
4. Be fully aware of the backlog's health.
5. Present new ideas, tools, and resources to fellow senior leadership so evaluation and next steps can be put into place.
6. Work closely Product management to understand the roadmaps and the release schedules and assist with meeting those release dates.
7. Be present for your team, as they will look to you for guidance on our vision, technical strategies, and process improvement.
8. Takes initiative to respond to all team messages, azure comments, and emails to ensure that development continues to move forward.
9. Help team with removing impediments and blockers.
10. Step outside of the comfort zone to learn new skill sets that pertain to our technology needs.
11. Take initiative to empowering your team to perform root cause analysis for defects so we can prevent them from repeating and expand our knowledge base.
12. Maintain a positive and excited attitude so your team feeds off of that energy.
13. Do not wait to be approached by business, always come to business first.
14. Developing and overseeing SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-based) metrics for security, software, support and storage.
15. Ensuring strategic capacity planning.
16. Be fully aware of the needed technical debt and always make sure it is transparent to business.
17. Identifying and eliminating security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security.
18. Directing and supporting the implementation of new software and hardware.
19. Identifying and recommending new technology solutions.
20. Identifying and propose improvements related to technical applications, systems and client implementations to Director of Technology.
21. Be an expert at all processes and strategies that fall under these teams.
22. Working closely with direct reports to help team members set goals and achieve their growth plans.
23. Helps guide the building of better technology and resources for support team members to work out of.
24. Manage and hold all leadership accountable for their teams.
25. Create an environmen
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Software Development Manager (Marketing, Lead Generation, .Net) position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.