Role: Data Warehouse Architect
Location: Portland, OR
Must Haves: Experience working in a Data Warehouse Technical Development, Microsoft SQL, and an awesome personality to join a team of other awesome individuals!
Looking for an AWESOME Data Architect who is a go-getter and someone who is able to work collaboratively with different personalities! 5+ years of technical experience as a Data Architect, Data and Information Architectural Design delivering large EDW solutions integrating many heterogeneous data sources; Microsoft SQL Server, and Integration Services and Data Tools! Also, someone who is experienced with ETL Design, query performance tuning, and process optimization skills.
- Hands-on experience in data warehouse technical development with a strong understanding of data management life-cycle in establishing end-to-end data warehousing, data management, and analytics architecture and business intelligence solutions.
- Expert knowledge of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) systems and functional requirements. Ability to design high-performance ETL systems with appropriate technology for a variety of source data formats such as a flat file, XML, and JSON.
- Expert knowledge of normalized and dimensional data modeling practices and implementation techniques and where they are best utilized. Understanding of the distinction between logical and physical data models, their audience and use.
- Ability to create effective logical and physical data models from complex business data requirements. Able to gather data requirements through analysis of system data, analysis of business processes, and interviews with business subject matter experts.
- Expert knowledge of the data warehouse lifecycle. Ability to advise and inform IS leadership on best practices for data warehouse operation and management.
- Expert with SQL, especially Microsoft T-SQL. Able to develop complex queries, tuned to optimize performance.
- Proficient in designing and developing data profiling tools for exploration and analysis of source system data content, data quality, and business rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.