Date Posted: 3/24/2020Apply Now
Sr Data Center Tech
Duration: 3+ Months
· 5+ years' experience with supporting data center infrastructure technologies such as UPS's, PDU's, Network, Storage, Compute, and Security, fiber optic and copper connectivity methods including Ethernet, and other WAN/LAN topologies.
· 5+ years' experience working in a retail colocation data center and supporting power infrastructure.
· 2-3 Years' Experience working in Level 1 NOC/SRE function.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of staff and the ability to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business partners in remote locations.
· 5+ years of Computer Networking experience.
· 2+ years of Linux Operating Systems experience.
· Candidates should be able to lift up to 50lbs and or work in elevated locations.
· Ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 with an ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide after-hours support as needed
· Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
· 5+ years computer Hardware, including troubleshooting and repair skills experience.
· Preferred Certifications CCNA, Microsoft Windows Certification.
· 5+ years of Data Center experience.
· 1+ of Perl, Python, Bash or other scripting languages experience.
· 2+ years experience with one or more of the following hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP, Cisco) is a plus. HP, Dell, ZT, Foxconn, Super Micro, SGI, etc.
· An Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in an IT related field.
· Enterprise Infrastructure Level 1
· Windows Server physical support intermediate understanding of hard drive replacements, memory upgrades, installs, lifecycle refresh, assets tagging and capacity management.
· Storage physical support intermediate understanding of hard drive replacements, memory upgrades, installs, lifecycle refresh, assets tagging, and vendor escorts, and capacity management,
· Network physical support intermediate understanding of hard drive replacements, memory upgrades, installs, lifecycle refresh, assets tagging, and vendor escorts, and capacity management
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Data Center Technician position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.