Role: Business System Analyst Lead
Location: Portland, OR
Salary: Varies depending on experience
Must Haves: 5+ years of experience as a BSA; gathering reqs, design, and analysis, Agile/Scrum Methodology experience, creating system documentation, and being able to identify solutions!
What you will be doing:
Are you experienced being a mentor to others?
- Lead Agile ceremonies for development teams, including daily scrum and sprint planning.
- Train others to develop functional requirements for new and existing processes, create new requirements templates.
- Perform QA on processes and reports that have been built by developers; improve QA process and documentation.
- Lead management and organization of the inbound request queue; communicate status with stakeholders and prioritize requests.
- Manage request backlog, assignments and completion; identify blocked items and assist in removing blockers.
- Facilitate collaboration with diverse groups and individuals; effectively develop, manage and maintain customer relationships at all organizational levels; engage senior leaders as a thought partner on an occasional basis.
- Translate routine to complex information requests from internal customers involving some level of ambiguity into actionable tasks for analysts and/or developers; assist others in developing these skills.
- Gather and document business requirements, business methodologies, systems flow, data flow and functional system design.
- Perform existing system analysis and new systems design; represent business units for projects and implementations.
- Prioritize work for others based on multiple and sometimes competing objectives.
- Provide project status reports as required; interface with analysts and developers for data and programming needs.
- Maintain and project quality monitoring and improvement processes.
- In partnership with upper-level management, you will provide leadership to BSA staff through assigning and overseeing daily work; establish priorities for competing needs.
- Coordinate tasks between BSA team and other departments.
- Participate in hiring others on the team!
- Ability to independently gather, compile and analyze data
- Skills in researching advanced technical problems and identifying solutions
- Skills in creating and maintaining effective system documentation
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Working knowledge/skills of Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong communication skills, including listening, verbal, written, customer service, meeting facilitation, and presentations
- Ability to clearly articulate policies, instructions, goals, and objectives
- Able to convey the appropriate level of detail effectively to all levels of the organization including non-technical staff
- Ability to create policies, document risks, and propose solutions to information technology management and senior leadership
- Possess a high degree of initiative and motivation! Woot!
- Ability to effectively collaborate with different departments!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.