6 Months Contract to Hire
The SCADA Engineer will be responsible for integrating real-time Intelligent Electronic Devices and computer systems at electric power generation plants. The successful candidate will learn to design, install, configure, program and test SCADA systems.
- Experience in the areas of computer based data processing and networking as well as peripheral equipment such as communications lines and both wired and wireless networking equipment.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis of hardware/software problems and electronic equipment installations.
- Basic understanding of SCADA and Control System factory and site acceptance testing and documentation.
- Training on in house and industry standard devices and applications will be provided.
- An understanding of Power Systems is a plus as you will reference Single/Three Line diagrams, complex metering schemes and AC power theory for Distributed or Transmission grids including typical power and energy related data point knowledge.
- Support and maintain existing installations.
- Thorough factory and site acceptance testing and documentation.
- Training of applicable in house and industry standard devices and applications will be provided.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required. Must be detail oriented.
- AA Degree from an accredited college/university or technical school required, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Technology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Valid driver's license required; travel required up to 20% a week
- Ability to work a rotating shift at office location, (1PM-10PM) for service desk issues
- Ability to provide on-call weekend support on a rotating schedule (additional compensation provided)
- Basic knowledge of Serial and Ethernet communications is a preferred
- Knowledge of DNP3, Modbus, and OPC protocols, and similar control system network protocols desirable.
- AutoCAD experience a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.