We are looking for someone who is innovative and wants to help the BE the change of our client! We are looking for someone with leadership experience who is VERY experience with AGILE, BI Systems (PowerBI), Data Processes, SQL Heavy, SSRS and someone who is just a go-getter! This is an amazing opportunity with one of the top companies in the area.
Role: Senior Business Systems Analyst
Location: Portland Metro Area
The TOP THREE MUST HAVES: PowerBI, SSRS, SQL!
How you will contribute:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience using SQL on a daily basis!
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Analytics, Computer Science, or similar
- Agile Genius! (documentation, project management, etc)
MUST HAVE POWERBI EXPERIENCE
- Be a thought leader, someone who can work with the business development, engineering, and project teams!
- Business Development - Are you able to gather information needed from stakeholders, leadership teams and help them decide on decisions
- Engineering Development - Are you able using Scrum/Agile moving things forward? Are you able to gather on the business side and tell the engineering team how they can move forward for success??
- Product Team Member - You are an essential team member of the product team - the KEY for clients success!
- Experience in a scripting language (R, Python, DAX, etc.) is a plus
- Comfortable with advanced Excel data manipulation
- Results driven mentality with a passion for technology and providing superior service
- Demonstrated experience with creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience facilitating discussions, providing stakeholder updates, and highlighting areas of project risk
- Your amazing SQL, and Data Analytic experience to a very value driven organization.
- Function as a PowerBI champion and subject matter expert for business customers for dashboards and data visualizations development to drive business process efficiency/improvements
- Research and analysis of operational, HR, and financial data to identify opportunities and trends and translating those conclusions into understandable and actionable information
- Define and document data, analytic, and reporting requirements using industry-standard analysis and documentation techniques including data interrogation and data profiling of source systems
- Elicit business requirements and document in use cases, user stories, and acceptance criteria to support the agile delivery team
- With the agile team, create visualizations and traditional tabular reports using Microsoft PowerBI to support defined business needs
- Utilize programming and analytical tools including SQL, and the Microsoft Technology Stack, specifically SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI to maintain and develop data models and/or extract insights
- Develop ad hoc analytics and reporting based on analysis of existing data sources utilizing a variety of tools
- Develop well-organized, insightful reports, dashboards, and other forms of data visualizations to support strategic business decisions, primarily through Microsoft platform
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.