Client in southwest Houston is looking for JD Edwards Application Support Specialist. It can be permanent or temp to hire. Salary range is in the $85,000 range.
- Serve as the SME for the application team to provide functional/technical support for Oracle JD Edwards.
- Perform complex, multi-layered troubleshooting related to various issues within the application.
- Address and escalate issues with appropriate functional/technical resources.
- Provide evaluation of feasibility of user requests based on understanding requirements for changes or enhancements to JD Edwards.
- Communicate regularly with the user community, work with IT leadership to set priorities, communicate status, document issues, and manage expectations.
- Liaison with the JD Edwards CNC team on package builds and deployments.
- Manage security functions, technical system configurations, change management, and infrastructure changes affecting the environment.
- Equip IQ knowledge and skills will be bonus.
- Understanding and technical knowledge of Vertex.
- Strong customer facing skills, team playing capabilities, excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- BS/BA degree in computer science or related field or equivalent professional and technical knowledge acquired through work.
- Five or more years of experience administering or supporting a variety of business applications and systems that may include Oracle JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle EBS or SAP.
- Must have at minimum 5 years of experience with a diverse range of end-user IT support tasks.
- Must have prior application support knowledge.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (Formulas, Pivot Tables, V Lookup).
- Must have technical knowledge in SQL Query and XML.
- Experience with EDI tools such as Boomi, Tibco or Jitterbi is a plus.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Typical hours of work Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nights and weekends when necessary
- Some travel may be required, with overnight stay
For immediate consideration email your resume to email@example.com with the word illuminate in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.