This Sr. SQL DBA/Developer will be working closely with IT Manager and Business Analysts through design, code, test, and maintenance of ERP system and SQL Server-based applications in a warehouse environment under SQL 2005, 2008, 2012 and 2014 platforms. Develop/deliver products that meet company specifications; deploy product enhancements and support ETL processes for ancillary applications. Build/maintain SQL database servers and system data. Generate SQL queries, SSRS, and Crystal Reports for upper management. Support/implement ERP solutions, including the migration of data from legacy applications. Build SQL log shipping process for Disaster Recovery purposes. Provide implementation of data integrity, backup strategy, SQL objects development (functions, views, stored procedures), and database security to cope with business requirements.
- 75% developer and 25% data base administration
- Development of high-quality database solutions
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and application functions using T-SQL, ASP.NET, C#.
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements.
- Build appropriate and useful reporting deliverables in Crystal report format
- Analyze and optimize existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Develop new queries to replace problematic queries.
- Develop stored procedures and scripts for data migration between InOrder and Catalog Studio and other applications.
- Provide timely scheduled management reporting
- Manage database backup/restore and create database DR solutions.
- Develop various ETLs to fulfill complex data transformation in different platforms; create reports and built reporting models.
- 8+ years of experience as a SQL Developer/Database Administrator (Ideal candidate would have 60% development and 40% administration experience)
- Excellent understanding of T-SQL programming and exceptional hands-on experience in developing application new functions, data migration, and reports.
- Exposure to high availability/always-on environment
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and hands-on experience in setting up new SQL server, maintaining, and optimizing SQL environment.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in data warehousing and business intelligence applications. Must be able to design the ETL process for data migration merge, split, and extract.
- Extensive experience with Crystal report, SSRS and SSAS
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and team player
- Good project management/time management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to communicate with non-technical stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.