Interested in working for a company where you are challenged to think outside of the box, work with motivated colleagues and have opportunity for growth? We are looking for a BI / ETL Developer (Direct Hire) to start immediately with a global Technology Company in the beautiful South Orange County, CA area. Highly desired work culture and competitive compensation package!
The Business Intelligence developer will work as a member of a small team designing, building and deploying Business Intelligence solutions to meet the company's strategic objectives. They will monitor and maintain existing Business Intelligence and ETL processes and provide support as needed. The developer should be analytical, an excellent communicator and have a problem-solving attitude.
- Provide strategic, analytic and technical support for the enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) activities. Monitor and resolve support issues related to the BI and data warehouse platform.
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from various source systems into the data warehouse as well as provide data integration between business applications utilizing T-SQL and SSIS.
- Proficiency in T-SQL, with the ability to understand, formulate and create efficient queries, views and stored procedures to prepare data for ETL, ad-hoc requests and reports.
- Partner with key stakeholders to gather requirements and build data cubes and data marts using SSIS and SSAS to meet their needs.
- Participate in data quality analysis projects, including data validation and data quality exception reporting.
- Maintain data warehousing processes including automation, load management, scheduling, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Assist with process documentation.
- Recent experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) - designing and developing ETL processes
- Recent experience in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) - designing and developing both multi-dimensional cubes and tabular models
- Experienced with creating and developing Power BI reports and dashboards
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years' recent experience enhancing, supporting and maintaining Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse solutions.
- Strong T-SQL skills with understanding of data aggregation/manipulation through complex queries, views and stored procedures.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team environment with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels from the novice user to the expert programmer.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experienced with MS Azure (nice to have)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.