Software Development Engineer: Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Software Development Engineer, focused on cloud infrastructure automation, you will be responsible for designing and developing tools to support the cloud infrastructure, Server Deployment and Configuration, Ops automation, QE/DevOps applications, and other areas related to Cloud Infrastructure. You will define and execute innovative ways to deploy, operate and monitor systems at scale. In addition to tools and automation, your work will involve coordinating efforts with other members of the infrastructure organization and the development teams.
- Strong operations automation background
- At least 5 years of proven, related experience
- Strong knowledge on backup strategies and storage arrays
- Advanced programming skills with a background in an object-oriented language such as C# or Java
- Strong system debugging skills
- Development of web-based database applications using MySQL or other relational databases
- Proficient with Linux systems with emphasis on methods for automating operations in a high-availability cloud environment
- Experience integrating software and services using common API techniques (SOAP, REST, XML, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Git, Gerrit
- Working knowledge of test frameworks such as QUnit or PyUnit
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning, written and oral communication skills
- Good team player, attention to detail and ability to work well with others
- ServiceNow platform administration and development knowledge would be a plus
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies
- Education: MS Degree in Computer Science or related field
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can't fulfill our promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our commitment to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes Medical, dental and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.