We are looking for a Desktop Support Tech II for a temp to hire position in Grand Prairie, TX.
The Desktop Support Tech II coordinates and executes technical support services to users of company computers and telecommunications systems. They will be responsible for monitoring the successful completion of helpdesk requests, performs follow-up with technology support, resolves level one and level two requests and communicates status to the IT Supervisor daily.
Essential Job Functions
- Follows established procedures to respond to requests for troubleshooting assistance. Relies on experience, knowledge base, tools and judgment to resolve issues, or escalate as needed.
- Logs issues and resolutions using internal ticketing system following established procedures.
- Diagnoses, identifies, isolates and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records and alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Installs or assists in the installation and imaging of hardware and peripheral components for internal and external users.
- Provides basic onsite computer training to users in formal and non-formal settings and supports remote customers with hardware and software issues.
- Escalates and notifies others for assistance in resolving incidents that require advanced support, notification of appropriate points-of-contact (POC's) for the systems and coordination, dispatch and tracking of hardware equipment repair.
- Supports off the shelf and custom applications that require a basic understanding of business process. Ensures self and departmental awareness and enforcement of all HIPAA requirements including the HIPAA breach process. Ensures HIPAA compliance requirements are integrated and followed in all phases of assigned operations.
- Creates and maintains network accounts through Active Directory.
- Processes systems for deployment, redeployment or recycling. Works with vendors on service, returns and warranty items.
- Acts as the focal point for classification and routing of reported helpdesk incidents/tickets -- assist "walk- ins' and respond to helpdesk calls/voicemails.
5+ years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
2+years of experience troubleshooting and installing hardware/software with computer systems.
3+ year's exposure to a call-center environment and/or prior Help Desk experience and/or customer facing service experience.
Excellent organization, oral and written communication skills.
Computer proficiency to include web browser/internet search, MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint. Technical competence includes the ability to learn new software and systems.Other Requirements
Work schedule may include variable start/end times outside of the company's standard business hours including on call hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.