** SQL experience is a must**
* QWL spends a lot of money on marketing and they collect a lot of data but they don't know how to organize it or what to do with it. They also have a warehouse filled with inventory.
* Looking for someone to come in and help with the strategy
* If someone has retail experience or warehouse experience that would be ideal. Service + Retail is great!
* This is a newly created role for them. It is open due to substantial growth.
SUMMARY This position is primarily responsible for analyzing and documenting the business process mapping and workflows of the organization by providing recommendations to impact production and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops problem solutions by describing requirements in work-flowcharts; studying system capabilities; analyzing alternative solutions; preparing system specifications and documenting procedures.
* Works with IT, Marketing and Sales Departments to optimize data analysis
* Works with Accounting Department to review and improve inventory processes and financial controls
* Develops workflows to increase production and revenue
* Analyzes data of in-place procedures to find ways to improve operations
* Identifies deficiencies and areas for improvement and redesign
* Applies statistical analysis, simulations, and predictive modeling to analyze current procedures
* Recommends strategies and develop new procedures by implementing tests processes, policies, and protocols
* Researches market and industry trends and patterns
* Performs operations analysis for all technologies and projects
* Prepares detailed reports of workflow research and improvements
* Compares processes with industry standards and best practices
* Conducts investigative internal audits and creates reports of findings
* Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience with Power BI or Tableau specifically to setting up data and building functioning models for warehouses.
* Experience cleaning data with various reports and assembling it correctly.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbal.
* Able to analyze large, complex data sets using a variety of software and tools
* Comfortable with database administration skills and resources
* Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
* Goal-oriented, organized team player
* Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
* Able to analyze data and statistics and translate results into better solutions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Pays strict attention to detail
* Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interaction with all levels of management
* Must have strong excel experience specifically with building reports and assembling data from multiple sources.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in statistics, business, data management, operations research, or related field; Master's degree in operations research or related field preferred; or 5 plus years as a Business Intelligence Data Analyst, in an Operation, Financial or Research Analyst role, or in a related position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the BI Analyst (Tableau or Power BI) position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.