We are seeking Java Architects for direct hire positions in Boston, MA. The person in this position will become a part of the global team building cloud-native systems and enabling digital transformation for Fortune 500 / Global 2000 customers. The Cloud-Native Software Architect is a client-facing role with the following primary responsibilities:
- Guide enterprise-level customers through their cloud transformation journeys by sharing experience in designing distributed solutions using cloud-native platforms (Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes).
- Work with external consultants on migrating existing applications to a cloud-native platform
- Drive evaluation of different platforms, gather information on differences in cloud-native implementations, run research on the platform behavior under different workloads.
- Mentor and train developers in building cloud-native applications based on scalable, portable, and resilient designs
- 10+ years of experience as Java developer and Architect positions
- 3-5 years of experience in a client-facing role
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience working with Spring and SpringBoot.
- Experience in building and operating distributed, concurrent systems
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with any of the following IaaS platforms:
- AWS, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, or Google Compute Engine
- Familiarity with design patterns, domain-driven design, component-based architecture, and evolutionary architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-native architecture concepts, understanding of high availability, scalability, resilience, performance, and security requirements in the cloud
We will provide training in:
- Key concepts, principles and best practices for cloud-native app development
- Migration to Cloud-Native Application Architectures
- Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes platforms for cloud-native development
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.