Contract-to-hire position with our client nearby Downey, CA for a well-rounded LAN/Network Administrator
Looking for someone who is flexible in nature and is customer service oriented that is organized and has excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to end-user requests
- Install (adds, moves, changes), maintain and configure end-user hardware and software; including PCs, network printers, networked copiers, scanners and phones.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware, software and network problems, tune performance of systems affecting end-users and provide solutions to problems using discretion and technical expertise
- Perform network administration (adds, moves, changes) maintenance, configuration for network, file, email and backup servers.
- Server and network troubleshooting and support.
- Provide remote phone, desktop, and written support to end-users
- At least 4 years' proven experience in IT support and LAN Administration working in a networked and/or desktop support environment.
- Certification in A+, Network +, Security +, MCP, MSC a plus
- Strong Customer Service Orientation
- Advanced application, hardware, and network troubleshooting and problem resolution experience.
- Knowledge of Windows 10 desktop operating system including operation and troubleshooting
- Experience with Windows Server 2102 & 2016
- Experience Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Experience Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Dynamics CRM 365
- Experience Microsoft Office365
- Post installation support and customer training
- Troubleshooting and repair
- Experience and understanding of QOS and VLAN
- VoIP technologies, SIP
- Work effectively in a dynamic environment where work prioritization could shift. Flexibility is important
- Highly Self-motivated and directed with a desire to learn.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Field work: 10%
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.