Our client located in Irvine, CA is seeking SYSTEMS & STORAGE ENGINEER for a contract-to-hire role. Ideally, this person should have industry expereince working in a regulated environment (Financial services, healthcare, pharma, etc)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experienced in Hyper-V and VDI / VMware HA environment including installation, upgrading, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with general Enterprise Storage Solutions including installation, migration, configuration, replication, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Proficient with Data Center stack, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Server, Exchange, Office 365, Hyper-V, AppV, Clustering, Windows Update/Windows Deployment and Microsoft SQL in an highly available and enterprise environment.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures which may include: system diagrams, system overviews, knowledgebase entries, service level agreements, maintenance windows, and support contact information.
- Assist in the administration, maintenance and documentation of all voice and data communications systems.
- Works with other IT personnel and, if necessary, consultants and/or vendors to design or redesign new or existing technology changes.
- If necessary, works with outside vendors to resolve more complex hardware and/or software issues.
- Works with the Disaster Recovery Administrator to ensure that the current disaster recovery plan is tested and up-to-date.
- Maintains service orders and works with the Director of IT and vendors to ensure that such requests can be completed in a timely manner.
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or 5-7 years equivalent experience is desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.