This position reports to the Senior Cyber Security Director and is responsible for analyzing security architectures and tools in order to assist in optimizing currently deployed tools/procedures/processes. Analyst will support security team in configuration and administration of security solutions. Analyst must be adept at troubleshooting, performing root cause analysis and identifying suspicious trends. Analyst will provide advisory services to business units on IT initiatives and projects in regards to security industry best practice. The analyst will work across IT teams to integrate new security solutions and develop new standards. Define and lead projects in support of security strategy and architecture. Develop metrics and KPIs for security infrastructure.
* Bachelor's degree in management Information Systems, Computer Science, and/or Business, or equivalent work experience
* 8-10 years working in IT security domain
* Experience with SIEM technologies.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience with cloud technologies specifically AWS.
* Experience with AWS in a security environment preferred.
* One or more of the following professional certifications: CISSP, CISM, SANS (GSEC, GCIA, GPEN, etc.), CISA, Security+ (or willingness to obtain within 6 months)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong demonstrated knowledge of networking and TCP/IP protocol or networking certification (CCNA)
* Experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems
* Experience working with firewalls and network IDS/IPS
* Scripting skills (Shell, Python, Java, PHP, PowerShell, etc.)
* Familiar with government security standards and regulations including GLBA, SOX, PCI, COBIT, ITIL
* Experience doing vulnerability assessments, risk assessments and penetration testing
* Familiar with various security architectures and methodologies (Defense in Depth, Kill-Chain, NIST, Critical Controls, OWASP, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Principle Cyber Security Architect position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.