Interested in working for a company where you are challenged to think outside of the box, work with motivated colleagues and have opportunity for growth? We are looking for a SQL Developer to start immediately with an rapidly growing and well-established Marketing Firm in the beautiful South Orange County, CA. Highly desired work culture and with lots of opportunities to grow within the organization!
This SQL Developer will be supporting current Development, QA and Production Microsoft SQL 2016 database infrastructures through: development of database objects and reports per business needs; database performance monitoring and tuning; performing code releases; creation of data import processes.
- Development of database objects such as tables, stored procedures and functions as required by business needs
- Ownership and development of SSRS reports, underlying queries and supporting reporting platform
- Shared maintenance of corporate ticket queue accommodating requests for report creation, modification and troubleshooting
- Business application and reporting requirement gathering
- Staging, scrubbing and maintenance of data internal and imported data sources
- Development and support of APIs
- Consistent and proactive performance tuning via index and statistics creation and maintenance
- Ensuring data consistency utilizing error handling, transactions with appropriate isolation levels for optimal application concurrency and data integrity
- Assist in code releases from Development to QA to Production platforms
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of certification/education and experience preferred
- 3-5 years' experience database development in Microsoft SQL 2012, 2014, 2016
- 3-5 years' experience in Transact SQL
- 2-3 years' experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) development within the Visual Studio environment
- An enthusiastic approach to SQL Server, infrastructure and design
- Adept at clear communication, documentation and presentation
- Proficiency with database development and best practices, Transact SQL, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and Visual Studio 2017 Data Tools
- Proficiency with Transact SQL programming, indexing, tuning and query optimization
- Basic data analysis skills utilizing Microsoft Excel and/or PowerBI
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.