This role is for a seasoned INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER with a primary focus on sales training within financial services. Contract position (6-8 months with a possibility to convert to perm) located in Irvine, CA
Candidates MUST have:
* Experienced (senior) instructional designer
* MA in instructional design (or similar) preferred, but not required
* Advanced Storyline skills
* Storyline samples submitted with resumes
Demonstrates full knowledge in assigned area and is an experienced contributor. Develops sales training curricula and programs with focus on objection handling, sales process and methodologies, selling models, and sales positioning. Has familiarity and experience in the technology used by the company and the industry to design and develop sales curricula and lead projects for sales development.
Primary essential functions:
* Develops Sales Force Development curricula and programs
- Develops and creates learning curricula and programs based on identified business and sales needs and using various delivery modes (e.g., instructor-led sessions, eLearning and performance support tools).
- Packages and evaluates curriculum plan/design for effectiveness. Works with subject matter experts to align with business needs.
- Manages projects by scoping, estimating, identifying resources, providing status updates and mitigating risk.
- Builds prototype of learning. Collaborates with subject matter experts to validate information.
- Works with client groups to ensure effective program implementation and ongoing maintenance.
* Researches industry best practices and stays current on trends and technologies. Ensures high-quality deliverables, efficient and effective solutions.
* Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of sales training, adult learning practices and instructional design.
* Experiences with sales methodologies (Miller-Heiman, Richardson, and SPIN); familiar with sales roles and sales competency models.
* Experience with business technical areas such as: financial services, retirement planning, advisory, insurance, intermediaries and/or similar.
* Expert at using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint), Must be able to use existing templates and follow an established style guide.
* Experience using Articulate 360 recommended, but not required.
* 5 years plus experience in instructional design and development with emphasis on sales training
* Bachelor's Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject is required.
* Effective English communications, written, verbal, and in presentation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.