Respond via telephone, email, written and remote computer communication regarding installation, operation, and maintenance of PC based system.
* Document accurately and completely all product-related problems in an electronic call tracking system in accordance with guidelines.
* Maintain thorough and current knowledge of PC based software, hardware, and industry trends.
* Respond to customers politely, and maintain a professional, helpful attitude at all times.
* Document and forward possible electronic product enhancements to product management.
* Assist management in training new employees and daily operational duties.
* Additional duties and special projects may be required and assigned in this position Requirements:
* At least two years of college, technical school training or previous job experience is required.
* Minimum of one-year phone support experience for PC software and hardware.
* Minimum of one-year hands-on experience working with PC hardware, and Microsoft operating systems.
* Minimum of two years experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows and Windows-based software applications are required.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft network systems is required.
* Previous experience supporting a PC based business management system is preferred.
* Knowledge of basic business accounting principles is highly desirable.
* Effective written and oral communication is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Technical Support Specialist position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.