As a Senior Video Engineer, you'll be crafting our next generation, multiplayer musical creation experience. The apps you help create will be enjoyed by millions.
Our development cycle is rapid, iterative, and collaborative.
Duties And Responsibilities
* Build and maintain low latency, high performance, scalable video systems
* Improve the reliability and efficiency of video infrastructure
* Implement automated video processing including compositing, filtering, motion graphics, watermarking/titling
* Debug video issues and make trade-off decisions between quality and performance
* Work closely with both mobile and server development, ops, and product to best achieve all these goals
* 3-5+ years industry experience
* Solid understanding of multiple programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Python)
* Experience in Mobile (libstagefright, AVFramework)
* Knowledge of video and audio codecs (H.264, MPEG4, AAC, etc.) and media streaming architectures (HTTP adaptive streaming, RTP/RTSP)
* Experience in optimizing video and audio codecs/players and using transport formats such as HLS and HDS
* Expert level knowledge of using FFmpeg as a tool * Knowledge of system-level programming for large and complex systems
* Experience in graphics rendering (e.g. openGL, openGLES, EGL, libavcodec, etc.)
Ways to stand out:
* iOS or Android coding experience
* Familiar with color management and color profiles for video
* Experience in building backend platforms for massive scale of parallel video streams (media relays, video switching)
* Knowledge of L2/L3 IP networking, multicast, and Unix/Linux administration SDL2019-204
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Senior Video Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.