Our cloud Platform team is looking for entrepreneurial product manager who has a track record of making great product decisions, diving deep on emerging technologies, and navigating ambiguity when building new products.
The ideal candidate has a passion for managing large scale projects and delivering results. You are quick on your feet, make solid decisions, and are flexible to see various sides of a situation. Your experience of influencing teams, building processes, and tools will be extremely handy in this role. You will have an opportunity to create and drive projects, processes and programs that will influence our application team's success. Earning trust of your peers, stakeholders, and executives through your body of work and consistency is an important skill required for this position. This role requires strong customer obsession, extreme ownership skills, ambition, thinking big, self-motivation, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
· Coordinate activities across multiple internal and customer teams
· Manage medium to large technical projects with minimal supervision
· Perform key team roles in an Agile software development environment (Scrum Master, Product Manager)
· Defining high-quality features and strategic direction for platform initiatives and prioritizing them on the product roadmap
· Managing prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance, and operational support
· Manage ambiguity and energize the team to stay focused on short term and long-term goals
· Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
· Own the metrics for project success. Define, measure and report on these metrics. We make decisions based on data
· Be resourceful and find creative solutions to complex technical and organizational challenges
· Demonstrate extraordinary people skills, customer obsession and attention to detail
· 5+ years of Technical Product Management or Technical Program Management experience
· Experience managing projects in a cloud computing technology space is a plus
· Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
· PMP or Agile/Scrum preferred
· Clear understanding and emphasis on customer-centered usability and design
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the IT Program Manager position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.